Call Center Answering Service Since 1958
The staff at Byrnes Message Bureau (BMB) has been answering after-hours telephones for almost every type of business and profession you can think of.
Byrnes has been involved with helping the people of theMid-Hudson Valley in all aspects of their lives, including delivering babies and helping expectant moms, caring for sick children, heating their homes, building additions, paving driveways, plowing driveways, towing cars, reporting accidents, reaching the Vet for the sick puppy or kitten and establishing contact with the right person in times of grief. These are just a few of the ways in which we’ve touched the lives of many in the Mid-Hudson Valley over the years.
Byrnes Message Bureau went into business on July 1,1958. Originally known as Brady’s Message Bureau, it was located on 32 1/2 Noxon Street in Poughkeepsie. John and Jeanne Byrnes purchased the business from Ethel Brady that summer. Two years later Byrnes moved to their present location at 15 Virginia Avenue.
In the mid to late 60’s, Byrnes Message applied for and was granted an FCClicense for telephone interconnection of mobile telephone customers. In addition, one-way paging was allowed on the same frequency. Dave Byrnes joined the business in 1975 after 3 years as a Civil Engineer in Plattsburgh. Rob Byrnes joined the business in 1983 after selling Hudson Valley Chimney Sweep. Rob is now Vice President in charge of sales and customer service.
In 1980, Byrnes Message was among the first of companies to add computer assistance to the function of answering phones.